Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Kate

It's not really her birthday yet, but she still got to enjoy a free lunch at Taylor's Tavern since it's close enough and she got her birthday present from them early. And I got to enjoy a free lunch because Chuck took us out to lunch after we let him toss some old paint cans in our dumpster in order to declutter his garage/yard. It's win-win.

I really wanted a burger that had the sauce they use for hot wings on it, but there wasn't anything like that on the menu and I didn't want to be one of those annoying customers who makes the kitchen do a bunch of extra work. That seems like the kind of thing that would get you a meal with extra spit on it. Instead I went with the Santa Fe burger, which combined the greenness of avocado with the redness of salsa.


This picture sucks. I hate my phone's camera. You can barely even see the sweet greenness of the avocado! There's also a bunch of onion straws on top of it (which were delightful) and cheddar cheese, which keeps the whole thing together. Sort of. I had a lot of trouble keeping everything on the bun since this thing was overloaded with toppings. And that's a good thing.

Also, that's a ridiculous amount of fries. That's like 2 potatoes right there!

I liked this burger a lot. There wasn't a whole lot of salsa, but I think that's better than if it had been too salsa-y since I wouldn't have been able to taste much of the avocado. Also, onion straws are a great addition to a burger. I might have to look into how to make them, and throw them into random dishes. I think they would be delightful on the slow-cooker BBQ brisket I make.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment