Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Holy Crap! I Actually Order a Burger

Has it really been 3 months since I last got a burger? Apparently so.

Melissa wanted to go out to lunch after being away in Japan for like a bunch of days, but she had the requirement that we did not go to an Asian place or a seafood place. Since this ruined my plan of going to Sakura (an Asian seafood restaurant, which I only suggested as a way to bust chops), we were forced to come up with a backup plan. This plan became going to Judie's, where it may actually be physically impossible to get a bad meal.

Usually I go with the Southwest-Rubbed Steak, as it is a ridiculously delicious meal that generally provides enough leftovers for a nice breakfast the next morning. However, I felt that for lunch, something smaller might be more appropriate. Like a tasty burger!

I didn't know which burger I wanted, but I finally ended up going with the Cheddar, Onion & Bacon Burger. I figured that all three of those ingredients are good, so combining them together must theoretically also be good. This was a large burger with a lot of onions. That's a good thing.


The combination of cheddar and onions (which I believe may have been consumed before in another form at another burger joint) is a good one, and bacon makes pretty much everything better. My only complaint is that the whole thing could use like one more flavor, even if it's just a little bit of salt and pepper on the meat before it hits the grill. There was just something missing. I still ate the whole thing since it was cooked nicely and was juicy.

On the plus side, those wacky potato things are delightful, and our appetizer of some kind of crazy cheese-covered bruschetta really hit the spot.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment