Friday, July 3, 2009

A Close Call

I have now introduced my family to the joys of red onions (which are terribly named, because they always seem to be a purple color). I still haven't quite mastered the timing of how long to put them on the grill, but I think I'll have it next time. I will also need a new set of teeth that actually close together so that I can bite through them, but that is a different story.

After slicing up the onions and throwing a little Italian dressing on them for zest, they went on the grill and the clouds started rolling in. Apparently cutting onions also makes God cry. Or Jesus. Whichever one of Them is in charge of the weather. It was obviously going to be a tight race, and it ended up that just as the burgers were coming off the grill, the sky opened up and drenched everything. Sadly, this meant that the buns did not get toasted.

Also, like a grownup, I tried bacon & ranch pasta salad (which was gross) and baked beans (which were surprisingly ok). I am not sure where the mayo is implied in that pasta salad title, but it was in there. Disgusting.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment