Monday, July 13, 2009

Maybe it was foreshadowing?

Well, that took a lot less time than I expected. I think it was probably Monday that I mentioned Paradise City Tavern as being a better choice than Local Burger and then today I ended up eating a delicious burger there. (I could easily check this, but that seems like a lot of work, and if it wasn't Monday I will just go back and edit this post anyway so no one will be the wiser. Unless someone screen shots this, but that is wicked nerdy. Wow, I am way off track.)

This time I tried the BBQ Burger, because I was supposed to eat it last time but then I got sidetracked by something with bacon on it. There's probably a post about it back in February somewhere. Today's burger was crazy. Besides the burger itself, there was some pulled-pork, some onion rings, a slice of gouda cheese (highly underrated as a cheese), and the standard lettuce, tomato and onion. Red onion actually. Nice work, Paradise City. Also, by my estimate (backed up by Kathryn), the entire thing was between 3 and 4 inches tall. I felt like one of those snakes (boa constrictor maybe?) trying to unhinge my jaw to make it fit.

What a great burger. I will hopefully be eating another one soon. That pulled pork really got the job done. They also had good fries (again), which really gives them the edge over any other nearby burger joints. Local Burger, I'm looking at you! Also at the Dirty Truth, but just because Paradise City is so clearly superior. At this rate, I will have eaten at all the Northampton burger places by the end of the year.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment