Friday, March 12, 2010

Time to Switch Things Up

After over a year of burger eating, it's time to make a minor alteration to the way we (well, I) do business here. Yup, that's right. It's time to throw some photos of these burgers into the mix. Also, it will make it easier to imagine the burgers themselves, as the imagination factor is no longer necessary. Finally, these things are huge. Like absurdly huge.

I should probably give credit where credit is due. The picture idea has been put into play at the suggestion of Kathryn's friends Gina and Kristin. So you can either thank them if you like the pictures, or blame them if you find them creepy.

The four of us went a place in Greenfield called Hope and Olive. Now, at first you would think that this place is a pub, because that is how pubs are often named: 2 random objects mixed together. However, the name actually comes from the fact that the restaurant is on the corner of Hope St. and Olive St. Ok, so no points for creativity.

On the other hand, they do get points for having Cabin Fever on tap. See the other blog for a more in depth opinion on that. Any place that has Cabin Fever has to be doing something right. I am not sure about this next part though. They had a guy going around and doing magic tricks for the customers waiting for a table. I guess I will leave the decision of whether or not that is a good thing up to you. It did impress Kristin though, so it would appear that it did the trick of taking our minds off the waiting.

So eventually we did get a table, although it was much later than our intended dinner time. Kathryn and I split possibly the weirdest appetizer I have ever experienced. It was honeydew melon with parmesan cheese over a slice of prosciutto. I guess they just randomly picked a fruit, a cheese and a meat and made it into an appetizer. It was actually pretty good, but I am not sure it was worth the price tag to get one weird fruit/cheese/meat thing each.

Ok, on to the important part. The Hope and Olive only has one burger, but don't let that deceive you. There are a huge number of options, so let's see how many I can remember. Lettuce, tomato, raw onion, sauteed onions, mushrooms, bacon, avocado, and various cheeses. I decided to go with sauteed onions, tomatoes (which were not slices, they were like tomato sections, which was neat), mushroom (which was a portobella, and ended up being like a hat for the burger instead of little mushrooms that always fall off), bacon and cheddar cheese. That combination ends up like this:


It was fantastic. Also, those french fries were good. If you ever figure out a reason to be in Greenfield, I would give it a try.

Possibly in the future, I will try to put something in the picture that will give you a sense of scale for these monstrosities. Give me a break though, as I am taking these photos with my phone.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment