Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Elm City Brewing Company

Did you know that it's a shorter trip to Keene, NH than it is to go back to Ludlow? That's weird to me.

And obviously I told you that little piece of info to set up this story. Kate and I went to check out the Elm City Brewing Company up in Keene because it has beer and also a restaurant. Talk about a winning combination! Well, as long as both are good. If you want to know about the beers, you need to go somewhere else. But if you want to know about the burger, then read on!

They had an extensive menu, but I finally settled on the BBQ & Bacon Cheeseburger (at least I think that's what it was called... I forgot to write it down). It had bacon, obviously, and cheddar cheese along with their peach BBQ sauce. And it came with lettuce, tomato and onion and a pile of fries. PS - I skipped the lettuce, because lettuce is lame. It was a pretty large burger, and made the roll look undersized.


I believe those fries are known as steak fries, but it doesn't matter because they weren't that great. On the other hand, the burger was quite good. The peach added a nicely surprising sweetness to the burger, and the whole thing was ridiculously juicy. I made a giant mess eating it, which some people say is the mark of a good meal.

Both of us enjoyed our meals, so we'll probably go back there again.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment