Saturday, July 9, 2011

That Has to Be a Record

After an evening of new beers and a delicious sandwich at Parish Cafe, obviously Saturday night had to be a burger night at R.F. O'Sullivan. And after an afternoon of drinking mojitos, it was going to be a burger night without its usual accompanying Newcastle. That's probably a good thing, as the last time I had one there, it was a bit past its prime. Just a Sprite for me, thanks.

I broke with the normal tradition of the top notch Blackjack Burger by going with its closest competitor, the JD Burger. I think that makes 2 straight trips without the Blackjack, so I suppose that next time I'll have to get it. I was just in the mood for something with barbecue sauce, and it seemed like the JD was the only one that had it.

Um, I also forgot to take a picture. Well, not really. I remembered after I picked it up, at which point it was too late. Once you get one of these beasts in your hand, putting it down almost always results in disaster. Sorry about that. I know how much you look forward to my awesome photography.

On the plus side, I ordered it with tomato and onion but no lettuce, and it came with tomato and onion but no lettuce! It was also a perfect medium rare. Obviously they have the A-Team working on Saturday night. I would say my only issue was that part of the burger had lots of delicious BBQ sauce, but one section was sauceless. I need my sauce!!

And speaking of Saturday nights, this had to be the emptiest I've ever seen this place on the weekend. I think the only time it was more deserted was that time Bill and I went after I picked him up at the airport, and we arrived at 11am that day. Having a zero wait time on a Saturday night was just weird. I think we were in and out of there in 50 minutes. Good times.

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment